Treaty between the Pilgrims and the WampanoagThe treaty between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag specified the following terms:
1. That neither Massasoit nor any of his people should injure or do hurt to any of the colonists.
2. That if any of his did hurt to any of the colonists, Massasoit should send the offender, and the colonists would punish him/her.
3. That if anything were stolen from the colonists, Massasoit would see to it that it was returned. The English would do the same.
4. If Massasoit came under "unjust" attack, the English would give aid; and vice versa.
5. Massasoit would send to other Native nations "to certify them of this, that they might not wrong [the English], but might be likewise comprised in the conditions of peace."
6. That the Native people who came to visit would leave their bows and arrows behind.